In this state of a Solution Lifecycle most buyers confront the real and threatening issues of change, disruption to ongoing operations, loss of stature or respect resulting from a bad business decision, how to justify the purchase of a product or service. However before they can move forward, they must answer several essential questions:
What types of catalytic or precipitating events would jump start a DAM project?
- Existence of a marketing operations initiative with executive sponsorship that is already addressing the financial and campaign management components of the marketing organization i.e. existing momentum around driving efficiencies
- Rebranding campaign or new Agency of Record involving acquisition of lots of new imagery
- Sarbanes-Oxley audit – need to ensure correct process to stay compliant with image rights
- Failed marketing campaign (over budget, late to market)
- Competitive pressure – i.e. evidence of best practice from another business
What else have you found in your experience?