In this state of a Solution Lifecycle most buyers confront the real and threatening issues of change, disruption to ongoing operations, loss of stature or respect resulting from a bad business decision, how to justify the purchase of a product or service. However before they can move forward, they must answer several essential questions:
What types of workflow or organization disruptions (resulting from deployment of your product or service) would key decision makers need to understand and proactively solve before committing to a purchase?
- Who is going to own the asset repository and level/role of resources required to implement solution
- What metadata schema is going to be used and who will own it
- Who can access the asset repository. Permissioning is key. Is it just for internal use or will it be available to outside vendors too?
- How quickly can it be deployed?
- What sort of training will we need to get up and running. Who will provide the training?
- Changes to workflow that result from implementation
- Changes to staff roles and levels that result from implementation
- Changes to Agency contracts
What else have you found in your experience?